Friday, May 8, 2015

Fabric Redo

Okay I redid my fabric and I love it so much more!
Sorry for the crappy lighting but I just redid the bottom which makes the whole piece so much more blue.  Since I only had one little part to do I didn't use soda ash and only dyed the part I needed.  I decided to just put the fabric in a cup with the dye instead of a bag.

When I grabbed it out it had sucked up all of the dye so a lot of the surrounding purple got more blue as well.  But this is now my favorite piece of fabric!

I also forgot to mention in my last post that I've pulled Swirling Peacock out of my UFO pile.  Unfortunately everything has become a UFO since starting Paradise but that will change when it's finished.  I pulled it out so I can have a project on the go and it's smallish.  Technically my Halloween pieces are smaller but I like working with the kreinik and love the fabric.  But I think Halloween  Banners will be rotating with it.  I have green and yellow left so if you have one you like better let me know!

Ciao for now thanks for all the comments you guys leave!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, it turned out beautiful! I bet you are excited to get going with the stitching on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for more teal! :D It looks great~

    I vote yellow but maybe you're tired of it after Paradise haha. :D Stitch what you love and love what you stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow gorgeous! Oh I can't wait to watch those Halloween pieces grow again. I almost forgot about them.

    ReplyDelete