Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Finish and Some Progress!

Hi everyone I know it's been a while since my last post but I got a lot done in that time.  I finished my friend's project last night but wanted to get the wrinkles out before I got pictures.  I couldn't be happier that it's done as now I can give it to him and work on something fun for me.  The metallic thread was a pain and I don't know if if ever use it again.  I have some kreniks in my peacock project but I can already tell those will be easier to stitch with.  Enough talking on with the pictures!

I messed up a bit with the placement of the sapphire but I don't think it's as noticeable in person.  I also ran out of gold thread and they were out at my local stores last time I checked so I improvised with the top.  The Hyrule Crest is supposed to be all gold but I actually like the change.  Sorry for the bad photo but I'll take more after I frame it.  The pins in the fabric are what I use to get the wrinkles out.  Just a bulletin board, some pins and a spray bottle.

Since I finished yesterday I also got some more work in on Halloween blue.
Sorry again for the bad pic it's hanging off of the arm of my couch and I just now realized how skewed it is.  But I got about 400 stitches in it today including eyes and a smile.  This is a fairly quick stitch since it's mostly solid color blocks but has quite a bit of confetti around the moon.  I can't decide what color I'll do after blue.  What do you guys like next?

In my personal life we have some moving to do.  Our landlord told us at the beginning of the month we have to be out by the first so he can move in.  We negotiated to the 6th and found a place across the street.  We used to live there before here but they've updated since then.  I've also gone from a brunette to a red head.  I'm still getting used to it but I like it.  Our Europe trip is also coming up right after the move and my dad is coming to town right after that and he's bringing my niece and nephew for fun at the parks.  I'll keep you guys updated!

May the stitches be ever in your favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment