Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December GG

Hello again everyone it's time for our last Gifted Gorgeousness of the year.  GG is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  Paradise has suffered greatly in the last few weeks.  Between the holidays and me starting school I've barely touched it.

Last month I had finished the page:

This month I'm here:
Not even a page.  And most of that was in the first week.  I think my education killed my bug lol.

However Halloween Banner Green has seen some love

Last time:

Now:

This was done in the car on the drive down and back from Seaworld.  Around 6 hours total.  And some was done a week before that at a group with some local stitching ladies.  

Alas no more will be done for a while as this weekend I have my sister in law coming to stay with us and then 2 days after she leaves we have my mom coming to stay with us for Christmas.  I'm going to teach her how to stitch counted.  She's only ever done stamped so this should be interesting.  She chose HAED's You Can Leave Your Hat On as her first piece LOL!  I got my mother in law started stitching too she's working on a Tilton Crafts piece which is the Dalmation (sic).  I'll update you all as it they go!  

Thanks for stopping by I hope my bug comes back soon.  I think once the holidays are over I can find a routine with my new job, school and stitching.  I've had my eye on HAED's Falling Snow for several months so once we play catch up with my paychecks I may have to get it.  

See you all next time with hopefully a large update.  I probably won't be back until the new year though so just in case Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

21 comments:

  1. Great progress on both pieces Heather.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paradise is looking great! I wish I could stitch in the car, I'd get so much more done! Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress on both GG pieces. Just wait until after the holidays, then you will find some leisure time and I'm sure your stitching bug will come back by then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stitching. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching!
    I think it's great that your Mom wants to jump right in with a HAED. Happy stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The holidays are always tough on stitching time. It's fun watching more words pop up on Paradise. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress and way to go recruiting new stitchers. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the stitching lessons and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful progress on both pieces. What a great first pick for stitching. Hopefully she loves it! I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Halloween Banner and I see the progress on Paradise. Good luck at teaching XS to everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried the same thing with my mother and it failed horribly, so I wish you better luck than I had! Oh, and check your inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully your stitchy bug will return soon ;) Wishing you all the best for the holiday season and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good progress on your projects. I hope you have a happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great progress on both your lovely projects. Wow, a family of stitchers. If mom gives up on her "HAED start", well, that's one more HAED for you, lol. Have a wonderful Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great progress on your Halloween banner! It must be good to have a break from Paradise now and again.
    That's a very cheeky design your Mum is planning to stitch! Nothing like jumping in both feet first.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you've made great progress on both your pieces Heather! Awesome job in making two more stitchers too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful progress!
    BTW, HAED is having a 35% off sale until the 28th. Just a wee bit of enabling here. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. che belli i tuoi progressi, il banner di Halloween è favoloso

    ReplyDelete
  19. A Very Merry Christmas and and a creative 2016, Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sadly we have all been bitten, and some recover faster than others!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for taking part in GG this year. The Hallowe'en banner is looking amazing. It's nice to have a monochrome for travelling.

    ReplyDelete