Tuesday, April 28, 2015

SFS April Update

Hello everyone!  I've made my first purchases of the year!  But I stayed under budget so yay me!  HAED is having another sale so I may purchase another chart but we'll see.

First off:

April Allotment: $25
Carryover: $75
Spent: $20.25
Total left: $79.75

What did I spend it on?

Most of you have seen Rapunzel
She was $14.25 during the HAED sale but I also got a Disney pattern from Etsy
It was only $6 because it was on sale so I figured why not?  I'm thinking of dyeing my fabric pink and purple for this one but haven't bought any yet.  The only thing I don't like about this pattern is that it doesn't have Brave or Princess and the Frog.  If I can find a way to substitute them in I will put them in the place of brother bear on the bottom.

I'm Facebooked Shelley the owner of Tilton Crafts about charting up a picture from one of her artists.

The idea got around 70 likes so I'm assuming other people would like to see it too lol.  If she does I'll get this and the Hocus Pocus one.


I also got the floss and fabric for Rapunzel but had a gift card from Christmas so it doesn't count for SFS.

Such pretty colors!


Well that's all for now but here's an update on Paradise:

Thanks for looking in see you all soon with my next page finish!

14 comments:

  1. I cannot believe all the details on that Disney-chart...! You are one brave woman! I'm curious to know though, does one need to dye the fabric for such a project? I would assume that you cannot see the fabric...? Or am I wrong? I don't know how it works when you stitch those kind of HEAD-charts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need to dye it because it is covered but I like to for two reasons. One is that it's more fun to stitch on and two is that I like the option of using the fabric as a mat when I frame it.

      Delete
  2. Your progress is amazing! You definitely are moving right along. I love the Brave photo. It would be a great chart. I would love to have that one. I can't even think about starting another big one until I show more progress on current HAED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure when or even if she'll chart it but if she does you'll be seeing it on here!

      Delete
  3. Wow that Disney chart is fun and filled with all kind of fun stuff. Can't wait to watch your work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a healthy SFS budget and some nice ideas going forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stash and well done on sticking to budget. Great stitching as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new stash :)
    Rapunzel looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that Brave picture is quite stunning. That would make a lovely stitch indeed. It's amazing that that Disney stained glass was only $6! Sometimes it is hard to see how people stay on budget at all with those prices haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful choices, but that Disney looks so difficult, knowing you you'll breeze through it. Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your SFS!
    Beautiful patterns!
    Difficult to pass up a sale

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anxiously awaiting your page finish on paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on your SFS budget! HAED certainly doesn't make it easy on us! I just love Rapunzel's dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on sticking to budget.
    $6 is such a cheap price for a chart with that much detail. Disney usually whack a premium on for anything with their name! We notice that with trademarked Lego compared to the Lego own sets.

    ReplyDelete