Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hallelujah!!

I just put in the last few stitches on my page which has brought me to the halfway mark on the top row of my piece!  That means I've finished 9/42 pages.  As a reminder the piece is 14 pages across and 3 pages down so I'm making progress.  It feels so good to reach this point.  I finished like 3/4 of this page in 2 days. 

Last time I was here:
And now I'm here:



My needle marks the halfway point.  If you're wondering about the writing it's a show of solidarity against people who download/upload designer's charts for free.  Most people show a picture of the chart with the stitching but since mine are all digital I put the company and my order number. I realized I was messing up counting on a couple of numbers and so far I'm 5 stitches too far to the right so I'll have to fudge the lettering a bit in the rest of that line.  No biggie since I caught it now I'll just do the N and D one space left and then shorten three spaces until the next word.

I need to focus on school again.  I got an 86% in my first class which was Composition II.  I've started American History and got a 94% on my first exam but it was open book.  All of the tests are open book except the final and unfortunately I had to use it quite a bit because my brain just doesn't do history well.  I'm more of a math/science girl but mostly math.  I really want to finish History in my next several days off but I need to schedule my final with a proctor so we'll see how far I get.  I still have 12 more chapters to read and 4 tests including the final.  Then I have World History, Nutrition and American Government.  The only one I have confidence in is Nutrition. 

I was supposed to have 6 days in a row off which was going to be my major study session but I found out today they took off my day tomorrow and added the 4th.  Unfortunately it means a lot of people bitching about heat/firework viewing areas/anything else because people just like to complain.  I just hope it doesn't rain.  On the bright side they overstaffed the areas so as long as everybody shows up to work we'll have 7 people working which is more than double the regular staff.  Fortunately it means I have a day off tomorrow which is my mom's birthday but also starts QVC's Christmas programming so I'll be vegging all day tomorrow and I'm aiming to get at least 1 test done.  If I do the rest of the day will be stitching on the next page in the second row.

Well that's all in my life for now thanks for reading!  We've given a moving date of 8/8 so we need jobs before then (hopefully in Colorado).  Wish me luck!

See you guys next week and I appreciate all of the comments!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like busy times Heather. Good luck with everything. Awesome progress on your stitching.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your progress! Hope you'll get things in order before the moving date:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the wonderful progress, Heather! It's really amazing considering how much else you have going on right now. Good luck with your studies and I hope Saturday's not too crazy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done great on your stitching, I just love that color against your fabric. Good luck on your studies, math indeed makes more sense to us bec of counting xstitches, lol. Hope work will be easy the coming days:) (Btw, saw your comment on my post, thanks very much for the thought, trip was planned by the sis, I just tagged along, hehe. Staff very accommodating despite being overworked, We had an awesome time there but who can control the weather, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). I didn't think of it that way but that's true definitely more numbers. I'm glad my coworkers were good lol not always the case unfortunately.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful stitching! Congrats on meeting a goal and I hope you find time to study.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the awesome progress! That halfway needle feels very impressive haha

    Hope your 4th wasn't too crazy at work. We were good and stayed home and bothered no one. :D Hope things fall into place before August~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way behind on blog reading. Congrats on the page finish!! What a gorgeous design. Hope you did good with your studies (hard writing in past tense haha). Hope the 4th wasn't too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete