Friday, June 13, 2014

My Project(s) Reveal!

Yep I'm happy to say I'll be starting two new projects instead of just one!  Technically it's 5 new projects but 4 of them are designed to be one piece.  I'm still finishing my Dimensions Aurora Cabin but I should be done in a week hopefully.  My first piece I'm excited about because it's everything I love.  Sparkly, swirly and peacock (which was the theme of my wedding).
It's the Swirling Peacock design by Joan Elliott.  It uses DMC thread as well as Kreinik to make it sparkle and Mill Hill beads for some added bling.  I'm stitching it on 28 count Opalescent White linen to give it even more sparkle.  It's my first time putting beads on a project and also my first time stitching on anything other than Aida.  Hmmm...also my first time stitching from scratch rather than from a kit.  Well a lot of firsts on this one.

I'm also excited about my next project(s).  I didn't think my hubby would let me buy this one too but I found a good deal on fabric so he's not too mad.  My next project is a piece which can be broken up into panels which I decided to do.  It uses more fabric but there's so many more possibilities with it.  It also encompasses my love of Halloween and on that note, here it is.
So pretty!  This piece is called Halloween Banners by a design from Vanessa-Fotolia.  I love the versatility and how each panel is so colorful and complete and look beautiful when combined.  I'm picturing these staggered on my wall but I could also see them on different walls in the same room.  My particular favorites are the blue and green ones.  I'm strongly considering doing the moons in Glow-in-the-dark thread.

 Well that's all for now see you next time!

1 comment: